Thursday, 24 December 2009

Merry Christmas

I'm not sure how much I shall be posting over the Christmas period - that's apart from my 10 part series of pictures of Birmingham celebrating Christmas rather than a Winterval - something well worth celebrating. It altogether depends if anything inspires me to do so during a period of no news. Let's hope we have no news anyway. Think how much we enjoyed it when Gordon Brown kept a low profile over the summer. And clearly we want no natural disasters like the Boxing Day tsunami of a few years ago. Boxing Day, for my foreign readers, is what we call the day after Christmas Day. There is a reason for this. I expect Wikipedia can tell you.

Thanks to those of you who have become regular readers of my various trenchant opinions. Thanks to those who have commented. Thanks to those who have featured me on their websites or put me on the radio. It's much appreciated. 2010 is going to be a fascinating year and an exciting one for me personally. Read about it here first.

Anyway, have a Merry Christmas wherever you are, even if you are in a part of the world which doesn't usually celebrate it. Try it, you might enjoy it - it's just an excuse for a party really. Even we atheists are not immune to the joys of Christmas, and anyway it annoys the religionists.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are published at the absolute discretion of the owner of this blog, but there is a general presumption towards publication. This is a free speech blog.